Tuesday, December 8, 2009

6 months


Kaley Rose Kuykendall= 6 months ( I cant believe it).
15 lbs 7 oz
25 3/4in


She was in the 40th percentile now.



Kaley has started to eat solids. She has tried sweet potatoes so far and loves them. She also sucks on apples in her little muchkin fresh food thingy.





She sits up and grabs everything from our hands. She likes to listen to music, watch her dogs play, and sleep with mom and dad. Cole and I said we would never let her sleep with us... but when it is 2 in the morning and you have tried for the last 2 hours to get her to go to sleep you really don't care if putting her in bed helps her sleep. She used to sleep so good and then she got congested and hasn't slept the same since. The Dr said it is probably a habit now. I used to lay her in bed and she could put herself to sleep. Now she wants to be rocked and walked and when I lay her down thinking she is sound sleep, she wakes up. I will say it is getting better. She will have about 2 good nights and then a bad night. I thought that I was so lucky because at about 3 month she was sleeping 11 hours at night. Well at least we got a couple months of good night sleep. I


She likes the Christmas lights and decorations. We put her in front of the tree to take a picture but she wouldn't stop playing with the tree.



I am working on a stocking for Kaley (but haven't been motivated to finish it ). I will post a completed picture ( hopefully soon). I have been busy playing with my new embroidery machine. It is so much fun. I will post with some projects, I am still working on figuring everything out.

3 comments:

raschel said...

She is SO cute!!

She may be teething and it might be making her restless (or on a growth spurt). When Makena teeths, she's the worst right before (and then during the cutting through process), but most of the time, I can't even tell a tooth is about to poke through, she just gets fussy and can't sleep as well. I give her ibuprofen or tylenol and it seems to help a LOT!

Good luck!! I'm sure she'll get back to her routine soon!

You're a good momma Amber! It's fun to read your updates! :)

Crystal Corona said...

11 HOURS! You are lucky. (but I am only one month in) He slept 7 hours straight this weekend, but not since. He has been sleeping on my lap for the past over two hours. I need to go to bed, I am sure he will wake up in the next hour or so. :( I am sure she will once again sleep that long and you will forget all the sleepless nights. Sometimes I dont think waking up every 2 to 3 hours is that bad. BUT I dont want it to last forever.

OH your new toy sounds fun. I want a serger machine. Although I dont know when I will have time to do that or sew. I hardly made time to do it before a baby. Roman doesn't nap now. So I hold him often and play with him when I am not holding him OR I am trying to pick up or eat. He does sleep if we take him out or I carry him in my carrier.

When can you use the bouncer thing she is in? Yippie for updates!

Karon said...

Kaley Rose, you are so precious. I just want to come down there and grab you and hold you forever!!! Amber and Cole, you are really going to have a fun Christmas and I can hardly wait to see yall! Be safe during the holidays on your trips and come safely to us when you can. We love yall!!!