Tuesday, January 13, 2009

SAD :(



Well what a terrible day. We wake up this morning and Cash, our chocolate lab, has his tail between his legs. He is running around excited and eating fine but he wasn't wagging his tail. When we told him to sit he would sit real slowly. I have been worried about him all day at school. Then we were talking about the movie " Marley and Me" at school today so of course I have all these sad thoughts in my head. I was hoping that I would get home and his tail would be wagging. But it wasn't...


So I decided to take him to the vet and get it checked out. He needed his yearly shots anyways. The vet said that his tail is broken. He couldn't find an exact broken spot but he felt two possibilities. We have no idea how he broke it. Cole and Cash went hunting yesterday he might of done something to it then. The doctor said he could have wagged it too hard and hit something.


In this check up we decided to run the heart worm test and sadly it came back positive. I am so upset but the doctor said that with the shots it can be fixed. I called Katie to ask Archie ( Cash's hero) and he said that it will get rid of the heart worms. So now I feel a lot better.


Tomorrow I will be taking Charm, our mutt, to get her shots and pray that she does not have heart worms too.

2 comments:

raschel said...

this made me sad...and reminded me to give my dogs their heartworm pills...i don't think i've given them one since makena's been born. :(

Karon said...

Poor Cash, with his colossal killer tail! I can believe that he could break his own tail by wagging it so hard that it would hit something and break itself! But the heartworms! Well, I am so relieved that the shots will kill them, and he can get well. I love the picture of Charm comforting him!